Sunstone® Is Backed By a Limited 10-Year Warranty
Thank you for your purchase of Sunstone® quartz surfaces. Stone West, Inc.® provides a limited warranty to the original owner of Sunstone® quartz, if properly fabricated and installed by an authorized Sunstone® Fabricator, in a single family residential home in the United States of America, that the product will be free from manufacturing defects from the date of installation for a period of (10) ten years. Should any failure of this product related to a manufacturing defect occur during the warranty period, Stone West®, at its sole discretion, will repair or replace the product. This limited warranty is subject to the terms and conditions and exclusions that are stated below.
Period of Coverage
- This limited warranty applies to Sunstone quartz surfaces from the date of installation for a period of (10) years.
How to Obtain Service
- After completing installation, you must register your Sunstone® quartz product within (30) days to activate your limited warranty. The form is available online here. In lieu of warranty registration, you must provide the original invoice which shows the name of the Owner, Authorized Dealer and Authorized Sunstone Fabricator.
- For warranty service, you must contact Stone West, Inc.® at (805) 658-0007 within thirty (30) days of the failure of the Sunstone® quartz product.
Who Is Covered?
- This limited warranty only applies to the original owner of Sunstone® quartz surfaces and is not transferable.
- This limited warranty only applies to Sunstone® quartz surfaces and does not apply to any other products from Stone West, Inc.® or any other brands of quartz surfaces manufactured or distributed by other parties.
- This limited warranty only applies to Sunstone® quartz surfaces that have been permanently installed in the interior of a single-family residence and have not been moved.
- This limited warranty only covers Sunstone® quartz products that have been paid in full.
- This limited warranty only applies to Sunstone® quartz products that have been maintained according to the Sunstone® Care and Maintenance guidelines. The guidelines are available here.
- This limited warranty only covers Sunstone® quartz products that have been properly installed by an authorized Sunstone Fabricator.
Right of Stone West to Inspect
- In order for Stone West® to respond and resolve any claims due to the failure of your Sunstone quartz surface, you must allow inspection of the product by an authorized Stone West® representative and provide sufficient time and opportunity for evaluation and response.
What Stone West Will Do to Correct the Problem
- If your Sunstone® quartz surface should fail due to a manufacturing defect, Stone West, Inc.® will repair or replace the product at its sole discretion. All decisions regarding the existence of manufacturing defects affecting this limited warranty will be made by Stone West, Inc.® and will be final and binding. No other persons can make any warranty or promises on behalf of Stone West®.
- This limited warranty does not cover transportation, freight, demolition and reinstallation costs or other costs beyond replacing the product. It does not cover supplemental repairs such as plumbing or electrical modifications that may be necessary to repair or replace Sunstone.
Exclusions of This Limited Warranty
- This limited warranty does not cover any residence where the owner is not the occupant.
- This limited warranty does not cover commercial uses of Sunstone® quartz products.
- This limited warranty does not cover Sunstone® quartz that is sold by unauthorized dealers. For a list of authorized dealers, visit our contact page.
- This limited warranty does not cover color variations of natural quartz.
- This limited warranty does not cover changes in the Owner's preference of color or design once the product has been installed.
- This limited warranty does not cover Sunstone® quartz products that are installed outdoors.
- This limited warranty does not cover Sunstone® quartz products that are used as flooring.
- This limited warranty does not cover abuse of Sunstone® quartz products or improper care and maintenance. Sunstone® Care and Maintenance guidelines are available online at our maintenance page
- This limited warranty does not cover scratches, chips, discoloration or other damage that results from thermal shock, force, pressure, mishandling or neglect of routine maintenance.
- This limited warranty does not cover exposure to chemicals.
- This limited warranty does not cover the quality of the installation or damage caused by the installer.
- This limited warranty does not cover modifications by the installer such as: reducing Sunstone® thickness; inadequately supporting overhangs; altering factory finishes; honing; any modifications to the product; unintended creative uses of the product; securing any object into the product such as fasteners; or improper job site conditions.
- This limited warranty does not cover seam appearance or performance.
- This limited warranty does not cover damage from acts of God, accidents or vandalism.
This is the complete limited warranty for Sunstone® quartz surfaces. Stone West, Inc.® will not accept any other warranty, express or implied, that is not stated above. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.